LEKKERAN CAR HIRE LTD
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
General Rental Information:
1. The individual who will rent the car and the driver have to possess a valid driving license.
2. A valid ID card or passport must be shown at the beginning of the rental period
1. Minimum age in Cyprus is 21 and the driver has to be in possession of a valid driving license for at least 3 years. Maximum age in Cyprus is 75.
2. A Surcharge of EUR 10.00 per day (minimum 30 euro) applies for drivers between 21 and 25 years of age and 71 and 75 years age. This surcharge applies to all cars without any exception. The excess and deposit amount for this group of drivers will be increased.
Reservation and Extension of Rental:
1. Cars are booked by group type. We will do everything that is possible to meet our customers needs, however preferences are subject to availability at the time of rental.
2. Confirmations of booking will be normally be sent via e-mail within 24-hours of the booking request.
3. Should you wish to extend your rental beyond the agreed date, it is important that LEKKERAN CAR HIRE LTD rental office must be informed immediately so that the insurance coverage to be extended.
4. If the individual who has rent the car wishes to return the car to LEKKERAN CAR HIRE LTD earlier than the agreed period, then LEKKERAN CAR HIRE LTD will refund him only the 50% of the total amount that is due to be paid for the remaining days.
Conditions of Payment and Cancelation:
1. We accept cash and all credit cards and debit cards from internationally recognized credit card companies – such as American Express, Diners Club, Eurocard / Mastercard, Visa. All credit cards and debit cards must be in the name of the driver and have to be presented at the beginning of the rental period.
2. At the time when the customer makes the booking of the relevant car in Cyprus, LEKKERAN CAR HIRE LTD will make a pre-authorization to cover the excess amount for insurance purposes, pre-authorization amount would according to the type of the car on the credit and/or debit card of the customer.
3. LEKKERAN CAR HIRE LTD will VOID the pre-authorized amount to the customer when he returns the car to the same great and/or excellent condition he recognizes that he receives it. Not all card issuers allow the removal of a hold immediately. We can void pre-authorization, but the hold will remain on the cardholder’s account until the card issuer removes it (sometimes up to 30 days).
4. For all questions related to the release of the deposits and about any type financial documentation, please contact the accounting department:
E-mail: email@example.com. Working hours: from Monday to Friday (08:00 -17:00 EET)
5. Pre-pay Terms And Conditions:
Customers may cancel a 100% prepaid booking and receive a full refund provided LEKKERAN CAR HIRE LTD is advised 3 days prior to pickup date.
For cancellations of rentals with less than 3 days notice, a refund of 50% of the voucher value will be made.
No refund for cancellations of rentals with less than 24 hours.
Without payment we can’t guarantee the availability of the car and the same rate.
1. Vat is included in Rates
2. Unlimited mileage for car rentals for a rental period of up to 30 days.
3. Road maps
4. Change of the car in case of mechanical breakdown (only if the breakdown occurred from unforeseeable events)
5. Third Party Insurance – C.D.W: Collision Damage Waiver with Excess (does not cover any damage which was caused to the windows, windscreen, glass, interior, personal belongings, wheels and/or tyres, the roof or undercarriage, side mirrors, and headlamps).
Car must be returned with the same level of fuel as given. If renter returns a vehicle with some missing fuel, renter will be charged a fuel charge plus penalty
2. Deliveries and collections
3. Early/ Late Return
4. Fines, Toll Fees & Parking charges
5. Administrative fee for fines and damages
6. No show
7. Key/ Documents loss
8. Any help or a tow truck for the customer in case of accident or vehicle damage if it was caused by customer fault.
9. If the customer wishes to have an additional insurance (SCDW) with low excess instead of the standard CDW (Third Party Insurance) then this is possible for an additional charge (cover any damage which was caused to the body of the car, windows, windscreen, wheels and/or tyres, the roof or undercarriage, side mirrors, and headlamps). Available only for customers from 25-71 years of age.
Additional insurance is issued at least for 3 days. A company representative has the right to refuse the specific service without any explanation.
10. Baby seats: Euro 5.00 per day (each)
11. Additional driver: Extra charge of Euro 5.00 per driver per day.
12. GPS Navigation: Extra charge of Euro 5.00 per day. GPS Navigation System must be returned to LEKKERAN CAR HIRE LTD at the end of the rental period.
Cross Border Rentals & Territorial Restrictions:
1. Cross Border Rentals are not allowed. Penalty – 500 euro.
2. According to the Cyprus Law any cars taken to the Turkish Occupied Area are not covered by any Insurance.
3. In case of any kind of offence or anything that may be happened in the Turkish Occupied Area is not covered by the insurance and all insurances lose their validity.
4. Off-road driving is strictly prohibited. Penalty – 500 euro
Returning your car:
1. Unless you have arranged to extend your rental period, your car should be returned to the location and at the time that is mentioned in Rental Agreement. If the customer fails to comply with this term he will be charged the fee of an extra day.
2. Smoking and eating is strictly prohibited inside the car. Failure to comply with this term imposes a fine to the customer of 150.00 Euro
1. All traffic fines and any/or any kind of fines which might be occurred during the rental period are the customer’s responsibility.
2. If the customer wants to pay the fine to the company, then the customer has to pay the total amount of the fine as well as any administrative fees and/or expenses that the company will endure as a consequence.
Rental more than 31 days:
Lekkeran Car Hire Ltd has the right to change:
1. The excess amount of the insurance policy
2. Prices for equipment and extras
3. Extra mileage will be charged according to the type of the car.
1. The customer who rents a car from the company must perform daily checks to the car and must return the car to the company in the same excellent condition that he received the car on the commencement of the rental period.
(a) If during the relevant period, the customer encounters any issues/problems with the condition of the car, he must immediately contact the car rental company to inform about these issues/problems.
(b) The customer will not in any way attempt to resolve or fix the issue/problem by himself.
(c) The company will send authorized personnel to inspect the car and resolve the problem
(d) If the customer does not comply with the term (1)(b) above, any damage that occurs to the car will have to be paid by the customer.
2. The customer does not have any right to change/replace any tires to the car by himself.
(a) If the customer causes damage to the tires of the car he must immediately inform the company and the company will charge the customer at the amount of the new tires that will need to be changed/ replaced.
(b) The customer accepts that the new tires must be of the same brand and type as the non-damage tires.
3. The company has the absolute right to charge the customer for any damages he has caused to the car, when this damage becomes known to the company, and after an inspection from the Company which will take place the maximum within 7 business days of the end of the rental agreement.
4. If the customer causes any damage to the car, then the company will need to provide the customer with a detail report of the total amount of damage/loss.
5. If the customer causes any accident, then the company has the absolute right to terminate the rental agreement and not provide the customer with any other vehicle as well as not refund the customer for the remaining days of the rental period.
6. The customer accepts that only the person(s) who is listed in the car rental agreement is permitted to drive the car.
(a) If any other person(s) drives the car (unauthorized person) he/she will not be covered by insurance and (b) the unauthorized driver accepts full responsibility for his actions and must cover all the damages and/or losses.
The company has the right to unilaterally at any time change the car rental terms and conditions, as set out in the agreement, without prior notice to the customer.